Mobile home fire and why they happen in my opinion. This could be the reason alot of people lost family member to trailer fires.
Mobile Home Fire Lawsuits – Accident Legal Help
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured, burned or a loved one has been lost, as the result of a mobile home fire, then please call us to discuss your legal rights to a potential product liability lawsuit. Time is of the essence! In mobile home fire cases, it is very important that the fire scene be preserved and documented as evidence. Please fill out our online form or call us right now: Toll Free 1-800-883-9858.
Electrical fires in our homes claim the lives of 485 Americans each year and injure 2,305 more. Some of these fires are caused by electrical system failures incorrectly installed wiring. In urban areas, faulty wiring accounts for 33% of residential electrical fires.
According to city fire and building safety officials, some of those mobile homes — particularly those built prior to the enactment of tougher building regulations in the 1970s — are at greater risk for catastrophic and fatal fires than other types of homes.
According to the California Department of Housing and Community Development, division of Codes and Standards, there was a significant increase in the quality of mobile homes built after 1971 in California and nationwide after 1976. The changes made it mandatory for newer mobile homes to be less flammable.
The national Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) conducted a study in 2005, looking over fire data, and concluded that the post-1976 mobile-home construction standards cut fire deaths in half compared to the older models.
Plenty of the older mobile homes are still in use today, however. According to Raquel Gonzalez, manager of the Del Norte Mobile Estates, 321 W. North Ave., roughly 40 percent of the mobile homes were built before the tougher standards.
At the 188-space Mountain View Mobile Estates, the site of the fatal January fire, roughly half of the homes were also built pre-1976, according to Goode.
Fire inspectors examined the scene and decided that the cause was electrical arcing, due to worn electrical conductor insulation
Duration : 0:8:51